vid card help needed

killzoneman0

In Runtime
i was thinking of getting a new vid card.

i want a vid card that has pci-e, sli, gddr3, and 256mb mem.

which would be better? (2) sli 6600gt's or (1) sli 6800Gt

also, for the card that is better, would it be able to play stuff like bf2,doom3, fear, at high fps and high quality settings?

please help

The 6800GT would be better I'd say. Two 6800GT's might get close to matching it but wouldn't, adn anyway, you could save up, and then buy another 6800GT :p

Plus, yes, the 6800GT would play those games very well and at high settings and frame rates.

The 6600GT is also good, but not as good, but would still play these games at high settings but with less frame rates (But still very playable)

if thats the senario. go with 6800 cause then u alwasy have the option to SLI it later on with another 6800

with already 2 6600gts slied your stuck :|

i think i will. how long do you think that the 7800gtx will last before i gotta get another one to play good games?

based on previous video cards and the trend of constant improvement, probably last you a few years and more, depending on how bad you want to upgrade it. It will probably last you the life of your PC or until the next time you build another system or system upgrade.

Yes it will. If you plan on running a 3500+, it's best utilized with the 6600GT or better yet, the 6800GT. However, the 7800GTX is a powerful card and it's future proof for now. Video card's way too powerful. You may find some games may take advantage of the extra processing power when playing at max res.

Yeah, but if you can still afford the 7800GTX, go for it. Since it'll last a few years as just a single card, you might update the processor anyway.

Even though it will bottle neck, it'd probably bottle neck at some insane frame rate which you of course, wouldn't notice while playing anyway!

Back
Top Bottom