vid card help needed

I've played BF2 on a 6800GT.

Everything on high, 1024x768, AA and AF all maxed out. Averaged about 85-90FPS with some stutter when you fired a tank gun etc.

Bloody good card.

Yeah, it'd do very well :p

*strokes his 9800PRO, "its alright...shh" * No, I'm actually happy with my card at the moment, and thats rather old, so I'm sure the 6800GT can blow it out of the water and probably even into space :p

The stutter probably isn't the cards fault though, not if its running at 85-90FPS.

is it true that the 7800gtx's arent as good as they seem
since nvidia skipped something?

thats what i've heard

also, do the 6800ultra's come with sli,dx9,or opengl2? none i saw did

No, I think thats just a really mad rumour.

Nvidia always skimp on a few things though on there cards, for instance, effects are processed in 16bit or something, whereas ATI processes them at 32bit. Something like that.

That card holds the crown though, and will be the best for a while. ATI's version to beat that card missed it by a few FPS each time, so it can't be all bad :p

i was gonna get the abit fatal1ty mobo. is that a good one to get or should i get a cheaper one thats just as good?

Is there only one Abit Fatal1lty Mobo?

I've heard that even his are good, he tends to fill them with things that don't matter to the average gamer, for instance, loads of lights, and fans that don't necessarily cool anything down...

Back
Top Bottom