Via C7-m

I haven't read an article on any of their CPU's, so they could be better than the C7-M for all I know, but C7-M is certainly getting quite a bit of hype, and its features are still very impressive, so I don't know if Transmeta can compete with it.

No, the via is actually pretty good. I'm already seeing reviews... it seems to be user-worthy.

That's because Lord Kalthorn is a Intel booster. :D I'm just for the next-gen Intel processors (like the Conroe, Yonah and Merom), not the Prescrap processors.

Haha. I'm not a great fan of Prescott myself, but its what we have at the moment :D I love Gallatin :D and yeah, Yonah and Conroe and Merom sound bloody good. But I like all Intel Chips! Because they rule!

Well, Conroe looks pretty good, and I'm glad Intel are becoming more energy-efficient, but Cool'n'Quiet-enabled Athlon 64's and Sempron 64's will still be more so, imo.

Of course, the forthcoming socket-M2 AMD CPU's have higer TDP's, so maybe Intel won't fair so bad.

Still, the VIA C7-M 785 has a TDP of 15W, yet should handle everything but heavy multi-tasking and gaming fine. Plus, the security features are real sexy. :D

The C7 desktop line are exactly the same, I believe, but with an 800MHz Bus.

Back
Top Bottom