VIA C3 Cyrix OCing?

ComputerWizard

In Runtime
Is the cyrix via C3 any good for overclocking since the processor is known for it running cool and being effecient and all that. Would it be worth to buy one for fun, they come at speeds up to 1.ghz, Since there such "cool running" chips would they be good to OVERCLOCK

My goodness, I have not heard the word "Cyrix" in ages... I'm not sure.. I thought they were out of the business... last one I had cracked in half because of overheating. But that was a Cyrix 200MHz or something a long time ago.. years back.

Yeah I kinda wanna get A cyrix system cause all we have here is intel and AMD fans maybe I could OC one of them and see how they do , I know they wont compare to todays amd FX-55 and INTEL Extreme edition those 2 over priced processors but it would be cool to see where they stand.

Well, how much is it? If it is cheap, that would be fun. I hear that Cyrix is still pretty good though.. Do it, and I guess we will find out... :)

I have been lookin stuff up about it, i found out it has incredibly low tempatures compared to intel and amd , but its a Celeron 1.3ghz beats the Via C3 at 1ghz :( and beats it bad!! they dont cost alot there like 40 bucks i figured i could overclock it to like 1.5ghz or something but i cant find any where that says how to overclock it .. maybe its locked or something and un overclockable :(

I think you can OC Cyrix chips. One neat things about them is that they use an integrated memory controller just like AMD64s.. But they stand no chance to them at all , but I say GO FOR IT!! Should be fun!!

Back
Top Bottom