VGA to S-Video

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Right, here comes a big question lol....

My old celeron only has onboard graphics, it's fine for whats its being used for....but i would like it on the tv. Below is an eBay link advertising a "VGA to S-Video/Composite Converter" and it has some weird english in there lol, so i need a second opinion. Will this work on my cheap onboard graphics or will it only work on "A GF6 series or higher" card?

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT: Heres the link lol....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VGA-to-S-Vid...QQihZ009QQcategoryZ109864QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How bad is very bad? My pc which i use an S-Vid connection to connect the TV, i only watch a couple of movies on it, and it is fine....All as i will be using the celeron for is the Media Center app, so all the text is quite big and bold...still bad do you think? I was more concerned over this paragraph, once again, english isn't very good on it lol...

This line needs special necessary display card (G400, the NV6 series by superior, etc) supports the VGA signal transforms the S signal or the AV signal ,This use must display card with television (TV) to output the function, does not have this function not to be able to use, generally for double display, the host display for the monitor, vice-display for the television.

Matt

very bad lol.

i have an old 27" Sanyo tube tv and i hooked up my S-Video AV cables to it. :rolleyes: you might as well learn how to read brail lol.

i mean its alright it you want to watch movies or play games but if you don't have an HD TV, don't bother.

Well basically, it's gonna be used as a music server type thing, gonna have it in the lounge room hooked up to the 5.1 and use it to play music...the tv isnt that crash hot, only an 80cm normal, no HD or plasma or anything lol, so u think that will work without having a dedicated graphics card?

Matt

EDIT: or should i say dedicated graphics card without having?

Back
Top Bottom