VGA cooler

im prettty sure it'll fit in my brand new Cooler master 690

not the case, but the spacing between slots, especially with fans, do you have other cards...? sound card, wireless card, etc...? a card right next to it almost touching may get pretty hot...

also, some people say to put the smaller heatsinks (for the ram chips) on and let them sit overnight without putting the card in the computer to let them settle in place or they may slide if heated up right away (don't know how true that is?), you may also have to get some small heatsinks for the voltage regulators...

um nope no other cards. i've been thinkin about getting a sound card but it wont be for a while. the only other things are the USB and firewire things that come with the mobo but im sure those wont get in the way at all. how do i know if i need the voltage regulator sinks?

If you want something a little smaller that wont get in the way (it only covers the slot below the card) the AKASA vortexx neo VGA cooler is worth looking at. I recently built a new PC with a 4850 which runs notoriously hot (85-90 C idle and load) and purchased this cooler after recommendations and reviews by customPC magazine to find a result of 40-45 C when running GPU folding (full load)
Its compatible with the DDR4 version of the 2600XT (see here: http://www.akasa.com.tw/ -> products -> vga coolers -> vortexx neo -> scroll down) as well as pretty much every other modern card. It is also very reasonably priced at £19.96 http://scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=810140

Holy she-it, that AKASA Vortexx NEO looks sweet, it goes with all the blue LEDs in my case too, wow, anyone got a link to anywhere it's available in the US...?

It is an amazing cooler, also (very important) I forgot to add that it vents the heat out of the second slot and thus helps cool the case interior too! Sorry its not easy to get hold of in the US (I had a quick look and couldn't find it) best bet is to try akasa's US site and check their retailers list.

It is an amazing cooler, also (very important) I forgot to add that it vents the heat out of the second slot and thus helps cool the case interior too! Sorry its not easy to get hold of in the US (I had a quick look and couldn't find it) best bet is to try akasa's US site and check their retailers list.

neither one of their two US retailers sells it...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom