Very satified with my budget upgrade.

Wherewolf?

In Runtime
I came from an Athlon 64 X2 5600, 4 gig of RAM and a Asus direct CU. Radeon HD 7850 2 gb card.
a W.D. Raptor 74 gigabyte and a W.D Caviar blue. Plus a horrible Infinity motherboard. The psu are a Corsair TX 550W modular.

I kept the Radeon card, the Caviar blue and the psu. Upgraded the cpu to an AMD FX 6300, 8 gig of Crusial Ballistix Sport 1600 RAM, a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P mobo and a Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 gb.

The os are Windows 7 64 bit.

And are just waiting for the CoolerMaster 212 Hyper EVO, cpu cooler to arrive, so I can put the final touch on the upgrade.

And this rig really flies, even with the FX 6300 at stock speed.

Can for example run a pretty heavy modded Skyrim at 1080 P resoloution with all the bells and whistles turned on with an average fps at 60.

Really happy with this rig! :thumb:

Last edited:
Always nice to see someone happy with their upgrades or purchase! :D Within a couple of months I will build my first PC, so I hope that goes well for me.

Thanks!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your build.
If you take your time and read the instructions throughout there will be no problems.

The only thing that can make one grind the teeth, is when connecting the front USB, the power LED and the HDD LED. As the way the case connectors + and - that are going into the corresponding pins on the motherboard always differs from board to board. And then the text on the mobo are microscopic.

Here are one good instruction for building a pc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gU8BdloDE

What components are you going too get?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, however you would not believe the amount of how to build a PC guides I have watched; I lost count long ago. I bet it's around 30 though! :D

I have confidence in myself, but I still feel like it will be more difficult then it should be. :( Crazy thing is that I still have not 100% made up my mind on how much I want to spend on the PC. :lol:

Ha, ha, ha! I should have guessed that you allready had done all the nessisary reserach.

In my opinion, a quality case with a good cooling ability with at least 2 rear exhaust fans 120 - 200 mm and a quality powersupply at 650 - 750 W should be the first priorities. Such, are long lived and will serve you well for at least 5 years.

As for a cpu goes, if you are looking for the best bang for buck? Then the AMD FX 6300 black edition is what many recommends. With a decent cooler, you can over clock it to 4 GHz.

But it stands it's ground well even at stock speed.

A good mobo from Gigabyte or MSI. These brands are realiable.

As for a video card, the best bang for buck would likely be Nvidia GTX 750 or Radeon R7 265 and the MSI Radeon R9 270 OC.

Asus, Gigabyte and MSI, have good and silent coolers on their cards.

G.skill, Corsair and Kingston are good RAM manufacturers. Over 8 gig of RAM is not that much worth it, if you are'nt doing a lot of video editing and CAD that is? 1600 MHz RAM and CL 9 will be the best choise price - performance vice.

An SSD hard drive will make a lot of difference. Samsung makes the most reliable ones. Also comes with a good trim software + an OS migration tool.

Last edited:
I have now installed the CoolerMaster 212 Hyper EVO. And I love it! :)
Idle my FX 6300 = stock speed, runs at between 19 - 21 Celsius and about 38 - 40 C at load. according to the HW monitor program. System temperature are 30 C.

I got a kind of push - pull configuration as the back of the cooler are just around 10 - 12 cm from one of my exaust, 120 mm 1200 rpm Noctua fans. The top case exhaust, Noctua are also pretty close to the cooler.

None of my fans are running at full throttle either. The CoolerMaster fan are nice and quiet.

Could'nt be happier!

Last edited:
I had a situation when I had my AMD X2-3800 with 2 gigs of memory fall short on memory that I needed to upgrade. I wanted a good system but I had to build a budget box first.

I asked around for a budget CPU and most recommended the Sandy Bridge Celeron CPU as it was only $50. I never liked Celeron but they told me this CPU is a whole new ball game so ok, I'll get it. Built me a $200 system and the Celeron surprised me how much balls it has. It did very well and I wanted to upgrade it to an i3. That was mucho better that I was thinking Intel finally produced some good CPUs.

While I was using my i3 system I collected parts to build this system I'm using now. Yep, an Intel. :angel:

I had a situation when I had my AMD X2-3800 with 2 gigs of memory fall short on memory that I needed to upgrade. I wanted a good system but I had to build a budget box first.

I asked around for a budget CPU and most recommended the Sandy Bridge Celeron CPU as it was only $50. I never liked Celeron but they told me this CPU is a whole new ball game so ok, I'll get it. Built me a $200 system and the Celeron surprised me how much balls it has. It did very well and I wanted to upgrade it to an i3. That was mucho better that I was thinking Intel finally produced some good CPUs.

While I was using my i3 system I collected parts to build this system I'm using now. Yep, an Intel. :angel:

I've always thought of Celeron as a slow uselss chip but it has its uses. Some of the newer laptops that have Celeron's are quite fast. I'll be happy once I install my Core 2 Quad that's replacing my Pentium Dual Core..

They were quite pathetic and they process with some speed but they were lacking in cache memory and hesitates because of that. Now they have enough cache not to hold things up.

Back
Top Bottom