Very nasty blue screens...

Actually, to 100% confirm it, you will need to download Memtest at www.memtest86.com

Burn to a CD or write to floppy and let it run. If you notice any errors, your RAM is bad. However, do one stick at the time...meaning to remove one. If one contains errors, but not the second, you can use your second stick for now.

lhuser said:
Actually, to 100% confirm it, you will need to download Memtest at www.memtest86.com

Burn to a CD or write to floppy and let it run. If you notice any errors, your RAM is bad. However, do one stick at the time...meaning to remove one. If one contains errors, but not the second, you can use your second stick for now.

I'll second this test, as it's the first proceduer I ever use while determining IRQL errors.

EDIT: Other big possibility is drivers, if you did something like replace hardware (motherboard, graphics card, possibly soundcard) without reinstalling windows, you can also get errors like this.

No, don't worry. You can't run Memtest, since you can't install windows...
Unless its a DOS program that can run before Windows would begin.

Definietly replace the RAM.

i've no idea. I just placed the boot folder(iso) onto the disc and nothing happened only said something like nldr(sp) is missing. Can someone confirm that i cannot run this program and that i don't need to install drivers pre windows?

thanks

I'm not sure. But I personally don't like that program anyway.
With the amount of errors your getting, its not going to be anything else, trust me.

Kage said:
No, don't worry. You can't run Memtest, since you can't install windows...
Unless its a DOS program that can run before Windows would begin.

Definietly replace the RAM.

Memtest is a bootable CD containing it's own OS and own utility.

My memory testbeds didn't even consists of a hard drive, no OS is needed.

Back
Top Bottom