Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-06-2005, 07:39 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
Default Very Annoying Problem

Ok, when I turn on my computer everything is working fine. Then when I open a game wether it be Halo, CS:S, Half Life 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, or whatever, theres something really annoying that happens.

I join a server and every 1-3 seconds the screen will just stop animating, as if you had an extremly low fps, like 3 or something. But my readings show about 50 fps. My ping is under 75 constantly. Yet i still get this problem consistently once every 1-3 seconds. And then when i disconnect from a server but with the game open and make my mouse fly around inside the game rapidly every 1-3 seconds the mouse will just freeze, as if the computer just stops responding for a part of a second. It makes playing games almost impossible, and even the smallest of computer task very annoying.

On this computer this is my setup:
Radeon 9800 pro xt
512 mb of ram
2.4 ghz p4 processor
4x agp slot on my mobo (yes i know it will make my radeon bottlekneck)

I have run all of the games that I am now having problems with perfectly without a hitch before. Also, this may be a related problem, but frequently when i restart my computer my monitor will display a message saying; "Please attach the power supply to you Radeon 9800 Pro Xt Video Card."

Any ideas?
Karma/rep is always appreciated
01010010011001010110010001100010011001010110000101 11001001100100

There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.
mayorredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote