Vertical Sync

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

There's something that's really beginning to annoy me with these games... And the problem is, is that whenever my V-Sync is off in them, I get tons of horizontal tearing! However, if I turn on V-Sync, it goes away, but since my FPS doesn't always stay above 60, it drops down to 30 sometimes and gets annoyingly choppy in the process. But it bounces back and forth, which is the most annoying thing. Is there some way or some program that will limit your FPS to 60, but will not only let you stay at 60 or 30 FPS? It would be wonderful if it could go from like 50-60 FPS, because my Far Cry FPS always stays above about 48 or so (with everything turned up :D), but usually it is around 120 or so, and I get awful tearing then. However, with V-Sync, it bounces back and forth between 60 (which is wonderful) and 30 (not so wonderful...) quite often (especially in this one level, Boat).

Any ideas? For the record, Far Cry does have a console, but what about games without consoles?

sounds like verticle sink is keeping your card from doing to much then once u turn that off its starts to overheat now that its doing more, i dont know why that would be happening but thats what i would guess it is

u prolly just have to go on game websites and found out. commands.
because you got an awesome computer.

gaming_freak said:
sounds like verticle sink is keeping your card from doing to much then once u turn that off its starts to overheat now that its doing more, i dont know why that would be happening but thats what i would guess it is

...It isn't overheating. I keep a close eye on temperatures and they're absolutely fine.

I'll check those forums out.

Well, still can't find anything. I found a FPS limiter on Far Cry in the console, but I couldn't get it to work. Oh well.

try different drivers, i dont know if that will help but it must suck to have to leave v-sync on all the time because your graphics card isnt being used to its full potential

Back
Top Bottom