which version of xp is best?

shelbyxx

Beta member
i am having a pc built 4 me and have been asked to sort out a version of xp !!! i have home edition on a laptop and proff on another so which should i put on new one? as i don't really know about computers and haven't noticed any diff at the mo!!!ca someone help?thanx

Depends on what you want to do with your computer. Maybe Games, Business, or Graphic desighns. For Business and Graphics I would go with the Professional version of windows, But since Pro version does not offer anything to games I would go with the Home edition to save some money. So it mostly depends on what you want to use your computer for.

Do you need remote access, thats the main difference between the two. If you do not wish to remotely control other PC's, save a few quid and go for the Home Edition.

and dont forget if you need IIS get xp pro and also if you want better networking support and ability to join a domain.

thanx guys ! i don't have to buy either i do have these just gotta make up my mind! bloke doing pc said home edition too!

i wouldnt go for xp it is incompatible with many programs and crashes a lot (i know from experience)

for all the features with compatiblity and speed, try windows ME.

netuser said:
i wouldnt go for xp it is incompatible with many programs and crashes a lot (i know from experience)

for all the features with compatiblity and speed, try windows ME.

Xp is far better, as long as you have some decent hardware.

windows ME is very cursed..... its very unstable and is actually a very early beta "step" towards windows xp....

Yup Windows ME is the THY KING of All Crashing OS'es.....
lol Believe me My cousin had it and I had it and
noithing worked properly I dont know how we lived with it.

Back
Top Bottom