Ventrilo

shankles

Baseband Member
Hey can anyone tell me how i make it so what i hear gets played even if my mic is switched off so i can leave music playing for others without it going through my mic so it is better quality.

Thanks

you could plug your output of your sound card into the mic jack when the music is playing...you would have to get a splitter and a cord though. actually you would need 2 splitters

Go to volume control and go to advanced properties and click on the radio button for "Recording" then check off Wave Mix Out or Stereo Mix out, something to that nature, it varies with what sound card you're using, whether it's a dedicated board or integrated board, but that's basically how it should work.

The settings should go over to Ventrilo, but if it doesn't just click on Setup in Ventrilo and where it says 'Hardware Input Mixer' select your sound card and the drop down menu for 'Line' should be the same as the option that you checked off earlier in the Advanced Volume Controls.

Usualy, you plug a splitter in a mic, and you plug your audio out in that mic. Then, you plug your mic in the other splitter.

I plan creating a radio out of this.

Usualy, you plug a splitter in a mic, and you plug your audio out in that mic. Then, you plug your mic in the other splitter.

I plan creating a radio out of this.

Yeah, I've DJ'd on a homemade radio station a couple times using the method I stated above, I never even knew that this splitter stuff existed. :D

You can plit plitters and make it go with lots of inputs if you want ;)

All you have to do is endure the wiring :p

Back
Top Bottom