Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Ventrilo

Hey can anyone tell me how i make it so what i hear gets played even if my mic is switched off so i can leave music playing for others without it going through my mic so it is better quality.

Thanks

shankles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #2
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Ventrilo

you could plug your output of your sound card into the mic jack when the music is playing...you would have to get a splitter and a cord though. actually you would need 2 splitters

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Go to volume control and go to advanced properties and click on the radio button for "Recording" then check off Wave Mix Out or Stereo Mix out, something to that nature, it varies with what sound card you're using, whether it's a dedicated board or integrated board, but that's basically how it should work.

The settings should go over to Ventrilo, but if it doesn't just click on Setup in Ventrilo and where it says 'Hardware Input Mixer' select your sound card and the drop down menu for 'Line' should be the same as the option that you checked off earlier in the Advanced Volume Controls.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
Golden Master

Usualy, you plug a splitter in a mic, and you plug your audio out in that mic. Then, you plug your mic in the other splitter.

I plan creating a radio out of this.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser View Post
Usualy, you plug a splitter in a mic, and you plug your audio out in that mic. Then, you plug your mic in the other splitter.

I plan creating a radio out of this.
Yeah, I've DJ'd on a homemade radio station a couple times using the method I stated above, I never even knew that this splitter stuff existed.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
Golden Master

You can plit plitters and make it go with lots of inputs if you want

All you have to do is endure the wiring

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote