VCore Control

Marshillboy

In Runtime
PC Voltage/Other Settings Control

Hey All,
I come asking if there is some program (free hopefully) that can control your vcore setting, voltage, cpu speed and/or the like. I want to save my charcoal cpu while I try to buy a better heatsink.

then lower your vcore in the BIOS. Then overclock it again. Its not that hard.

how would you do that, I dont think my bios lets me do that (I tried once). However I'm not sure.

If this is the computer that is having the slow down and heat problems then my suggestion other than what I have already said would be to shut it down till you get that heatsink and fan upgrade. As it was already stated, that chip has a BUILT in safety device that in case of overheating will cause the chip to run at half speed. This is not a bios setting that can be changed so that you can continue using. It is built into the chip. The only thing that can change it is to get the temp back down to where it belongs.

lurkswithin said:
If this is the computer that is having the slow down and heat problems then my suggestion other than what I have already said would be to shut it down till you get that heatsink and fan upgrade. As it was already stated, that chip has a BUILT in safety device that in case of overheating will cause the chip to run at half speed. This is not a bios setting that can be changed so that you can continue using. It is built into the chip. The only thing that can change it is to get the temp back down to where it belongs.

I have just pointed this out to Marshillboy here...

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=15575[/COLOR]

Um...

You have 3 threads on the same subject and the finest minds in here have told you flat out what is wrong and how to fix it. It appears you are not paying attention to any of them. I am killing the other 2 threads as that is a no no.

Back
Top Bottom