vantec tornado!!!

jay8990

Daemon Poster
so despite having put good thermal compound on my cpu instead of that awful thermal pad it still running quite hot! so my next idea... get myself a vantec tornado and a 60-80mm fan adaptor and slap it on top of the heatsink! see what it does!? you think it will make a big difference?

my main question though! does anyone know what kind of CFM the standard heatsink/fan for amd athlons is? surely the vantec more but im trying to decide if it really worth it!

and yeah i know they noisey beasts but hey!!

cheers

Jay

This is what i recomend per the Observation.
Just buy the Tornado, test it out. Surely it is used second hand. Which you know what you buy it for probualy could sell it for the same price.

Test products. If you have to cut grass, or shovel some yard. Testing your progress on knowledge would be the only way to see your computer have drastic changes.

I would think the Tornado would be fine. Should drop 10c from stock AMD heatsink.

Slap it on!

Who cares, later on he can figure out what he wants, but for the price he is getting it at i would use it. if its got a fan guard on it, take it off see if it reduces the sound. if not, get a speed adjuster from most parts store. just turn it down. Should work fine.

noise nae really a big problem! a always have music on anyway, and ma house quite well built! if ya in any other room you dont hear much noise from elsewhere!

Get an Asus Star Ice - I had a AMD Athlon Newcastle 3000+ (Socket 754) OCed to 2.4GHz with the fan at 2040rpm (which is almost silent) and the CPU was at like 10 degrees C, going down to 5 occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom