VAIO laptop cds

xTc

Baseband Member
hey, i just bought a new VAIO laptop, and it doesn't come with any cds. As in, it has pre-installed windows n all the vaio softwares but it doesn't have it on cd. And i ask the store and they say new vaio laptops doesn't come with cds, all the stuff is on the harddrive and when u want to reformat, it installs it byitself for u. But how would u reformat without the windows cd?

so it it correct that the new laptops doesn't have cds or am i getting jipped? please tell me, so i noe if i need kick some ass!

nowadays, computers come without recovery disks. Instead, they put it on the HD (i guess theyre getting cheap). You can probably make a recovery disk using an application on the HD. Look in your users guide on how to make these disks.

Note: Most of the time, these applications will ONLY allow you to create one set of recovery disks and then delete them afterwards.

My VAIO is the same way except it prompts me to burn restore discs whenever I reformat. Like Anonymous said, just being cheap. But yeah, I don't know how they do it now, but I can burn mine whenever I want to. Also, you can restore without them if you keep a restore partition which is default on my VAIO. I turn it off since I don't need it, but yours probably has a "recovery drive" or something similar. You should be able to restore from this, as well. Just read the manual. It should discuss all of that.

Back
Top Bottom