Utorrent at my college?

religion2386

In Runtime
Is there any reason Utorrent is so slow at my college? Some things I could get in 1hr with my home SBC DSL takes like 2hrs to get to 2.2% on like T1 or higher....Is there some kind of port or something I need to change on my laptop? Frostwire works awesome and the internet speed is amazing, but its like Utorrent doesnt work. Could it be somehow blocked by there servers with torrents or something?

I go to my schools computer lab > unplug a ethernet cable from the back of there PC's > hook it up to my labtop.

I'm surprised you can connect at all. Chances are they are throttling the port in the schools firewall to keep people from using the torrent. This is not something you will be able to change.

Try the Opera browser.

I use this browser all the time now and it has a brilliant torrent downloader built in. I don't bother with uTorrent.

What if I disconnected the ethernet cord and used the WI/FI? Can they regulate the usage with wi/fi as well? Cause I mean the WHOLE campus is WI/FI...

They still regulate usage. Doesn't matter what type of connection you use.

They'll do this to ensure that everyone has a fair share of the bandwidth. And they will try and stop you using torrent sharing.

yea torrenting in school is pretty stupid. rapidshare of whatever isnt so bad ;)
torrenting also uses a lot of bandwidth as it uploads and downloads, so shouldnt be too hard for them to spot.

Back
Top Bottom