Using a TV Tuner Card

We've got verizon fios set up with multiple cable drops throughout the house, although only two of them are being used (not counting the one for internet). Both of those go to a set top box which then connects to the tv

We've got verizon fios set up with multiple cable drops throughout the house, although only two of them are being used (not counting the one for internet). Both of those go to a set top box which then connects to the tv

Then I assume you do. What type of outputs does your box have, and what type of inputs does your tuner have?

I havent purchased a tuner yet because i wanted to make sure it would work without the cable box before i did it. The coax in/out as well as composite out and s-video out.

I tried using the tv without the box, which i probably should've done before i posted this, and all i got was white noise. So I'm assuming that i would need the box to use it on my pc?

I'd go with the TV tuner, if you want to have the ability to control both your television and TV tuner separately.

I havent purchased a tuner yet because i wanted to make sure it would work without the cable box before i did it. The coax in/out as well as composite out and s-video out.

I tried using the tv without the box, which i probably should've done before i posted this, and all i got was white noise. So I'm assuming that i would need the box to use it on my pc?

It's probably not going to work without the cable box. If your cable provider sends some of the channels in Clear QAM, you might be able to receive those without a box. However, if you can't tune in any channels on your TV without a box, you definitely won't be able to with just a TV Tuner card. I think that manufacturers make it purposely difficult to configure TV on your PC so that you will give up and buy a pre-configured system.

Back
Top Bottom