Using the svideo through tv for comp monitor

teachmeplease

Baseband Member
Hello,

I just stumbled over this idea to use my 42" LCD JVC as my computer monitor for a computer i plan on building in the future but I know I dont have the right jack in the back. But i was told you can use the s video in the back and go digital with it or even an hdmi cable. So if anyone has any ideas on this or a little insite just hit me up.
Thanks guys

I dont think S-video supports HD...which is was your monitor is.

Though DVI = HDMI without sound...so if you have and HDMI input on your TV you can get a DVI to HDMI cable.

I tried using S-video to my TV. Everything works but I can't figure out how to get the audio to my TV's speakers. Can anyone help me with this?

S-video doesnt have sound as you know I guess...

to get audio your going to get one of those Y adaptors kinda like the Ipod thing of the stereo 1/8th jack to the red and white RCA cables. and plug them into the sound input on S-video input your using if that makes sense.

i dident like using my s video my my laptop as a dual moniter, but then again, i have some old 30 inch magnavox tube, so i dont know about HD,

but i had to turn my res. down to 800 x 600 from 1280 x 800 just to see the text

Back
Top Bottom