Using small cd in slot loader cd player

aljohn

Beta member
I have installed win 7 pro on my desktop. I plugged in my wifi dongle but win needs the driver. I have the driver on an 8cm disc, but I only have a slot loading cd/ DVD re. I'm assuming (always wary when I do that...) that if I insert the small cd I shall spend the next week trying to remove it 'cos it's stuck ? I tried copying the disc to USB and a normal cd on my laptop but they weren't recognized by my desktop.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

I must admit that I do not know whether that type of CD player will play that type of disk. I would think it should but, to be honest, I wouldn't try it. But more to the point you should be able copy the disk on your laptop to either a usb stick or another, full size CD. So there must be something wrong somewhere. I suspect your desktop as that has just been installed. The files on the small cd should just be able to be drag and dropped on to your USB stick. Depending on what CD/DVD program you are using the same could apply. The other thing that could be wrong could be the way you are trying to copy the files across. As I have said I would just drag and drop them on to a USB stick that should work okay.

If you know the model of the Wifi dongle, download the drivers online on your laptop, corry them to your memory stick and then install them from the memory stick on your desktop.

Thanks very much for the swift reply. I had tried to copy the mini cd to a usb stick on my laptop, but I used copy and paste. All I had on the usb was a load of hieroglyphics ? So I tried again but, as you suggested, I dragged and dropped the files - success! Once again, thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Glad to hear that. I had a feeling that putting that CD in a slot loader is going to be a disaster.

Yeah, I usually walk right into disasters with computers, but it keeps me busy for the next few days. I know where to come next time 😜

Back
Top Bottom