Using a computer without GPU

Rahiyja

Baseband Member
Using a computer without GPU?

Hi.
I have built my first system recently, but the GPU was faulty so I've sent it over to RMA. My question is, could I still be able to use my computer for surfing the internet with minimal graphics until I get my graphics card back? That function should be built-in on most modern motherboards, right?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Actually the funcition isn't built in. A minium boat up requres CPU, Mobo, Ram, and some type of GPU on board or off board depends. However maybe go buy a cheap GPU from a local computer store use it till you get your good one back and then return it?

You can still use your computer if it does in fact have onboard graphics. If not then no dice.

Yes you can still use your PC for everyday stuff. As long as your motherboard has an integrated video port on the back where all the USB, PS/2, Parallel, Serial, NIC, connections are.

well.. if you look and see if there is a port to hook up ur mointor to mobo female end.. it shoudl work. all modern mobos come with radeon x300 to say the least. it clearly says on the mobo. and just check the back where the ports are.. if nothign fits the monitor to back of computer.. then i guess you cant :)

Well according to newegg your motherboard dosent have onboard video so no you cant use it untill you get a new gpu.

hmm as said before need intergrated graphics on the motherboard which is unlikely considering you have a seperate card anyway..what you could do is get another pc link it to a network and use Remote desktop to connect..2nd pc doesnt require a graphics card! (though ull need 2 pcs which would defeat the point :p)

I've checked the connection on the back of my mobo, and there's no connector for a monitor, so I guess I'll have to wait for my GPU to arrive from RMA.
Thanks anyway for the help people!!

Back
Top Bottom