Used DBAN, now Windows doesn't see my drives

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I just used DBAN to wipe all my drives, installed Windows on one of the drives (While installing, Windows saw all the drives), and then booted into Vista, and it only found the drive which it installed Windows on.

My BIOS still sees all the drives....how do I solve this? Could it be that when you completely wipe the drive, it becomes unformatted? How would I format the drives in NTFS? (I know an XP disc would work....but I don't have one anymore >.<).

Thanks.

if you are using vista, in the seach bar type "diskmgmt.msc" and press enter.

A window will come up. You may need to initilize the disk. otherwise just right click teh black bar next to the other drives, and click new partition. Give it a name, choose a file system and everything then you are good to go.

if you are using vista, in the seach bar type "diskmgmt.msc" and press enter.

A window will come up. You may need to initilize the disk. otherwise just right click teh black bar next to the other drives, and click new partition. Give it a name, choose a file system and everything then you are good to go.

Didn't work- I managed to get a copy of XP from a friend, and formatted the drive with that though :) (500GBs takes FOREVER to format :( )

Thanks anyways.

Back
Top Bottom