Use Laptop Without Bottom Cover/Case?

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey guys. So my brother has recently got a second hand HP Pavilion DM4-3011TX Beats Edition Laptop that he has worked hard to save for and has been ripped off with seller saying he would drop off, meet at places to give a hard drive and bottom cover that he said would give when supposedly he forgotten them and excuse after excuse my brother has given up I think. Now a hard drive isn't a big problem but the bottom cover/case that protects the ram and hard drive hasn't been handed over, I have and am still looking around to find a cheap replacement but brother who doesn't know a lot but computers thinks he can use the laptop without the cover/case. I've told him its unsafe as it can not only damage the laptop but the parts inside and possibly overheat. Now does anyone else have anything to add? And to add the screen will need to be replaced.

HP Pavilion dm4-3011tx Entertainment Beats Edition Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Without the bottom cover, what supports the laptop when it's set down? Won't it rest directly on the motherboard or other components mounted on the bottom?

I'm sure the bottom is essential for controlling air flow for cooling, also the system will more easily get contaminated with dust and lint. I wouldn't want to operate a laptop without the bottom cover in tact.

How about a lid off a plastic container? There's all sizes of them and you can find a close match.

So I've convinced my brother to buy the part we need, We will have to order it from the USA off eBay as its the only place I've only been able to find a whole bottom cover with the case we need. Someone off the same Facebook group has kindly offered him a 120GB SSD so hopefully he will get that and I will remove the DVD drive and put a HDD in for extra storage.

Well hopefully your brother learned a lesson. If he happens to run in to that fellow again a good ol southern redneck down home ass whooping would be in line for the guy. Personally I'd leave him with some flattened nuts, a few cracked ribs, and a broken nose.

Well hopefully your brother learned a lesson. If he happens to run in to that fellow again a good ol southern redneck down home ass whooping would be in line for the guy. Personally I'd leave him with some flattened nuts, a few cracked ribs, and a broken nose.

Oh yes I think he has. He has apparently been known for selling dodgy items but anywho.

Back
Top Bottom