usb's

mauler

Solid State Member
can ayone help please?.
I've just purchased a new hp pavillion pentium 4 and am having trouble with my usb's.

The correct speakers for the pc are currently out of stock so I am using the speakers off my old pc which also happens to be a hp pavillion but an earlier model. I assumed that they would work fine but although i'm getting sound, it's not very loud. I have adjusted all the sound steeings to full volume but it makes no difference. I am also having trouble with my mp3 player, it won't connect to the computer propperly. It has a red light which should go green once connected to the pc but it stays red, however a 'j' file does appear on the desktop and it does allow me to transfer files but it wont transfer onto the mp3.

I am wondering if I have to alter any settings to the usb's or something, but it does'nt say anything in the manual. My mouse and keyboard work fine.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

What OS are you running becasue if you have for example Win98 you will need to install drivers.

Have you changed the systems volumn control if not go to:

Start > Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control

the same problem happens with those speakers in the dell dimesion 2400 and 2100 series, try diff speakers

Back
Top Bottom