USB Ports Stopped working.

I am sorry guys, after trying all of the solutions and not thinking any of them work I have come to realize one of them worked because I have just plugged in a USB mouse and it works now. But I have come to a new problem and my External HD no longer works. It used to not work in my desktop and always worked in my laptop but now it doesn't read in anything its plug into. Is there any way to get the information off of this HD?

Thanks,
Stoked

you could try taking the disk out and putting it directly into your PC.

try plugging in something that has batteries into the computer.

I had the same proble on a PC as the power controller on the USB was broken, oddly enough when using a powered device it worked fine, but when using a device that needed to draw power from the USB sockets it didn't work.

I could try that with one of my machines. It can only power one USB device at a time (USB optical mouse) and even then, only a couple of the ports work.

Hmm.

you could get a usb>ps2 converter and put the mouse in the PS2 port. then you'd have the working port for the HDD.

Yeah.. but then the other buttons won't work (mouse 4 and 5, for back and forward when web browsing or explorer browsing)

Back
Top Bottom