USB ports not working on a laptop

Aleksander1313

Solid State Member
ok so all the USB ports on a laptop of mine seem to be fried - I have done everything - been on the phone with tech support for hours etc etc and they are still not working. The laptop is out of warranty but other than the USB ports not working I am not aware of any other problems with the machine. I have given up getting them to work through normal troubleshooting.

Are there any devices that you could connect through perhaps the network connection that would have USB ports on it? like a router for instance?

I don't want to throw the machine away but other than that or take it to a shop where they will probably try and charge the price of a new machine to fix it I am not sure what else could be done.

Thanks

nevermind's link is not working for me so i thought i'd post one.
This card will slip into the PCMCIA slot on the side of ur lappy and give you a bunch of USBs
HERE TIS

Are you 100% sure that they are "Fried"... I have had similar issues, and I was just missing the drivers to them.What exactly did "tech support" do to properly diagnose this issue, and conclude with your statement.?

Sorry for the delay in wrapping this one up - basically I took the machine back to the shop and dumped on their desk and told them to prove that the USB ports worked properly.

All the device manager info says everything is fine but at the end of it after leaving it with the people I bought it from for 2 days they couldn't get it working either!

So bottom line I never determined what the particular issue was.

Back
Top Bottom