USB Port Problems

marcmarteleira

In Runtime
Ok basically I got a 80 gig iPod video and I plugged it into the front USB ports of my computer and then it would like, fry my ipod and it would just stay off after that and not turn back on and it would overheart and have a burning smell to it, it happens on my computer only when I do this, Ive exchanged the ipod literally 5 times and I used to think it was bad luck then I realized it was my computer. Wtf is wrong with it?

Could be connected to the USB header incorrectly, why not just connect it to one of the USB ports on the back of the case?

My dell computer in the basement will do something like that it will jolt me intensively and I wont be able to move my hand. So I plug it in the back usb ports. I still scream like a little girl though.

lol because usually I plug it into the front but Ill try in the back but my dads getting sick of returning it so much and this may be my final chance, should I risk it?

have you got nothing else you can test or does this just happen with your ipod>?

I think you need to check the front USB port connection to the motherboard. If you have the wires connected wrong, it could "fry" anything plugged into that USB port as well as possibly damaging the motherboard.

wouldn't see why it would fry it unless there is more than 5v running through it(even if it was miswired it would still only run 5v through the i pod) , i had the same issue with a memory stick and a school computer , only the school comp was the back usb port

Back
Top Bottom