USB Mic Question?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Use Singstar on Windows?

Hey,

I have a pair of Singstar mics here, and the USB plug hooked up to the computer. Windows found and installed drivers for them, and in recording applications I can see that they are recieving sound, but I can't hear them from my sound card. I started googling and found that some USB mics have sound cards built in em to do that, and thought that OK the singstar doesn't have that, so I can't do it. THEN I thought further and realised, well the PS2 only has a normal sound card and normal USB port, so I am wondering how I can sort of route the microphone levels to my sound card to hear as well as recieve?

Matt

Sorry if I confused you!

Well if You want to get sound from Your sound card using the usb port, that may not be possible, although don't quote me on that. You may be able to get a connector that goes on the usb end of the cable and the other end of the connector would be either Rca input. or head phone jack input 1/3"

depending apon if you want to record from the mic. in or Rca input, will determine the adapter you will need. Radio shack will might carry something like that, they have an adapter for almost any connection.

umm not sure i understand fully what u mean but let me explain what i had set up

took my singstar mic and just plugged it into the mic slot on my pc ????

umm there shud b no need for the usb at all ??

Re: Use Singstar on Windows?

I have a pair of Singstar mics here, and the USB plug hooked up to the computer.

You said that the usb plugged into the computer, so i figured it was the usb end being plugged in. if the mic. input is being used, then right click the little speaker icon in the taskbar, and check that all settings are what you want.

also that the mic settings are correct..

Yea, instead of using the USB adapter, just plug the mic directly into the "mic input" on your sound card.

Thanks for all of the replies,

The reason that I am using the USB plug is so that I can have 2 mics plugged in, my sound card only allows for one. I have checked all related settings in the volume control and it seems that they are only listed as a recording device and no playback..

Matt

Back
Top Bottom