USB issues

Farva

Beta member
im using a wireless keyboard/mouse. two nights ago i was cleaning out the inside of my system with the electronic cleaner in a can or whatever either way after that i tried plugging in the little usb for my mouse and its not reading it now. i can plug it into my laptop though and it works fine. Ive tried every usb port on my desktop and none of them pick it up. it turns on fine from what i know of. i cant see anything load because it doesnt show anything on my screen till i move the mouse around even on startup. can someone help me? thanks

What "electronic cleaner in a can" was this? Have you tried a normal (cabled) USB keyboard and mouse to see if they work? If they're not even picked up by the BIOS you may have somehow fried the USB controller or similar with this cleaner...

its called endust for electronics duster, and no i dont have one to try atm :/. is there anything i could do in the mean time till i could get one?

Open it back up and check you haven't knocked any USB header cables off the motherbaord or dislodged any - it's possible you've knocked one and a reseat would solve the issue.

Beyond that I'm afraid there's not really a lot you can do since for even the most basic diagnosis in the BIOS after you've turned it on you're going to need a functional keyboard!

Back
Top Bottom