Usb header question

tj107us

Baseband Member
Hello there guys, i have a question wondering if they make a usb header y connector. What my problem is i have a HAF 932 case that has 4 usb ports on the face of the case and each usb port has a wire that runs down to the mobo (two wires per connector and two connectors) and the two connectors fill up both of my usb headers. Then i just bought a memory card reader that also plugs into a usb header. So my question is do they make a 2 to 1 y connector for the usb header connector type plugs so i can plug both of the conectors for the usb ports on the face of the case so i can plug the card reader in the other usb header, where i can still have all my front usbs? thanks for any help!!!

tj

PS i have a ASUS P6X58D-E mobo

Nothing I'm aware of that is commercially available. You could make your own, or just plug in only one bank of USB for the front and then the card reader into the other bank.

Another thing you can do is buy one of those PCI USB cards that has the internal interface connections on the card as well.

Here's an example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815201008

If you look on the PCB right next to the RoHS logo, you'll see the card has the extra USB header you'd need to make this work.

Back
Top Bottom