CPU/Speed: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size: G-Skill DDR2 3 Gigs
Video Card: eVGA nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256mb
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS
Power Supply Brand and Wattage: XION 600w
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Hard Drive 1: Seagate Barracuda 400GB SATA
Hard Drive 2: Western Digital 250GB SATA

Alright, here's the problem. On my mobo, there are 4 USB ports on the back, and one spot to hook up more on the mobo, inside. No matter what I hook into this, it does not work. Front ports, extra back ports, nothing. What do I do to make this work? The place to plug in another firewire port doesn't work either, it seems.

Also, ever since I reformated both of my Hard Drives, the second Hard Drive doesn't show at all in Windows. Heck, when I was installing Windows, it wouldn't even let me create a partition on the second HD. What is going on here?

Thanks for help ahead of the time guys, looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

I am assuming after you reformated your HDD's and re-installed your OS, then that was when you couldn't use your USB or Firewire ports.

Did you reinstall all of your drivers for your motherboard?

Go into Device Manager and see if there are any yellow ? marks.
***To get there right click on my computer > go to properties > go to hardware tab> then click device manager

For your HDD, did you ever re-format your second hard drive?
***To see and to format it Right click My Computer > go to Manage > Click Disk Management (Under Storage) > There you should see your different disks > if your second one isn't formated or isn't showing healthy then right click it > and select format.

Awesome on the HD thing, got it formatting right now. I did format it through the Windows disc, but I guess something must have screwed up.

No yellow question marks in the Device Manager though. All of the mobo drivers were installed right after formatting. I was just thinking, maybe it's something in the BIOS? Any ideas on what options to look for?

You formatted both disks or just the one disk you installed the OS on? In other words you would have had to run the format twice.

As for your USB ports I would try and re-install them first.

If that doesn't work then make sure you have the latest chipset firmware for your mobo.

I am not sure where the option is in your BIOS, but it should be pretty obvious.

Forgot to ask, but they did work before correct?

***I would suggest going here and making sure you have the most current hardware drivers/firmware that is applicable to your system except Beta stuff. And make sure you select the operating system that you are using, that link has XP stuff.

Back
Top Bottom