USB Flash Drive

LH-Danny

Baseband Member
I was using my flash drive in college today to grab some information from a computer, then transfer it to my workstation as the lecturer instructed - After transferring the files, I unplugged my flash drive to go back to my workstation but she then changed her mind and told me to transfer more files.

Off I go back to the computer and pop the flash drive back into the computer, the light came on but wouldn't find it in 'my computer' - It then crashed Explorer.exe for trying to recognise the flash drive - After unplugging the device a popup message appeared saying 'Windows - Write Delay Failed', then something about 'All your data is lost'. After numerous attempts, on different computers none of which will recognise it anymore!

Is my usb flash drive fried? Will I ever be able to get the information back from it since nothing is recognising it?

Unfortunately it does sound like your device is probably bad. You shouldn't just pull the drive out of a computer without properly 'removing' it. When you plug in the device a green arrow looking thing will show up in the corner (by the clock). You should click on this and then click on 'remove'. This way Windows will finish writing and make sure that the computer is done using it.

Unfortunately it does sound like your device is probably bad. You shouldn't just pull the drive out of a computer without properly 'removing' it. When you plug in the device a green arrow looking thing will show up in the corner (by the clock). You should click on this and then click on 'remove'. This way Windows will finish writing and make sure that the computer is done using it.

x2. I learned that the hard way. I would just unplug the Flash Drive thinking nothing would happen...

It doesnt take more than 5-10seconds to do.

Back
Top Bottom