USB Drive broken?

superman22x

Golden Master
I got a sandisk cruzer for christmas and now I'm having prblems with it, I used it about 30 minutes ago and when I was done unplugged it, now when I plug it back in I get an error message popping up saying "USB device not recognized" What is this? I have tried 3 times! Is my drive broken? I just got it 2 months ago.

This normally happens when you dont use the safely remove hardware option, im guessing you never did. Normally the only way to get the drive back is to format it again, its a well known problem.

I agree with Raffaz, format it. eek i don't use the safely remove hardware either :eek:

lol, I'll try that from now on, and I got it working again too, I restarted the computer and it works now. So, I'm happy again, lol.

superman22x said:
lol, I'll try that from now on, and I got it working again too, I restarted the computer and it works now. So, I'm happy again, lol.
Lucky!, I never suggested a restart, thought ya would have already done that. Glad its sorted :)

Three Cheers for Restart!
(is seems to work most of the time for just about anything:))

Like they said, use the safly remove hardware when you can. The only time i don't, is when i have left my drive in for over 5 minutes without any activity going to it. But even then i know its at risk for some sort of curruption.

Back
Top Bottom