USB device write protection- need serious help!!!

vegeta18

Solid State Member
I just got a brand new 16gb DANE-ELEC usb stick and as soon as i put some files on it , had problems right away. I was putting on about 5 files from my cpu onto the drive, and on the last file it suddenly said the there was a write protection on my drive and cant put files on it. I also can not format my disk because it will say stuff about write protection as well.

I do not see a switch of any sort any the drive, also it happened while no one was touching it and while files were being uploaded. I am using windows 7. I tried formatting through disk management and i didnt see any option when i looked in the properties to turn off write protection or turn off read only.

Now, after trying to fix this problem things only became a lot worse :(, i first tried a few programs such as any drive formatter and hp format. I also tried using registary editor but i couldnt find the folder that i was supposed to modify.

Than i found in properties a setting that said enable with device cashing, i tried doing that but couldnt

Last edited:
After reading reviews and scoping out other forums, I have found that this brand has a multitude of problems. Ranging from total failures to random lock outs.
Return it to where ever you got it and get a PNY.

yeah i noticed this problem has never happened to me when i put the same files on a different usb stick in the past, i just had multiple problems with this usb stick from the start. Bad thing is i am not sure if i will be able to return it cuz its not in its original packaging and stuff, im going to give it a try though.

Anyone know a solution though? incase i cant return it, is it possible for me to make it work?

When buying usb thumb drives stick with the major players. I've used PNY for years and never had a problem out of any of them. When they reach the end of their life I put them to rest under the head of a 2lb framing hammer.

Back
Top Bottom