USB conflict

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I have a USB conflict. It's been going on for awhlie now and I don't know how to fix it. I have an HP laserjet 1020 printer and an ipod mini, I can connect one at a time but if I use both at once the ipod mini comes up with an error that says "USB device not recognized by windows" or it will just disconnect it. If I have the printer turned off then the ipod works fine and if I don't have the ipod connected to my PC then the printer works fine. I'm wondering why it does this, all my drivers are up to date as far as I know. I'm going to try reinstalling the HP software and see if that does anything. anyone have any reasons as to why this is happening?

thanks!

I did find something called "serial" when i went to "show hidden devices" and i clicked properties and it said serial.sys is it ok to delete that or what should I do with that? it had a yellow exclamation mark on it so it makes me think something is suspicious with it.

It's nothing suspiscious, it just means that the device has a problem. Can you look at the properties to get more information?

Your motherboard drivers may be out of date. Check the chip set makers web site for updates. USB problems like that come mostly from old drivers for the usb controller. Also check the bios to be sure all usb functions are enabled.

The Sheep said:
It's nothing suspiscious, it just means that the device has a problem. Can you look at the properties to get more information?

I tried google and apparently it's a driver for serial connections on the mobo. I don't even have a serial port on my mobo so I don't get why it's doing this. I'll try to go download the latest bios and mobo drivers and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom