USB blowout!!

Is it the WidCOMM drivers (for the bluetooth dongle)

Not the acer one by any chance is it?

The software/drivers are WidCOMM that came with The D-link device. Have you heard of a similar problem with these drivers?
wozelbeak, you'll have to explain what sis mobo is. I'm not familiar with that term.

sis motherboard.
i read on a couple of forums some serious issues with usb devices on some SIS MOTHERBOARDS.
woz

I've tried all the driver fixes that have been suggested here. No results. I'd like to hear more about this SiS motherboard or chipset though. It's looking more like a hardware issue not software.

Don't know if this will make any difference but the system in question is a Dell Dimension that is a couple of years old.

"mobo", motherboard, duh--- I get it now. :)

No, its more than likely a problem with software..
Hardware issues would have worst effects.

For instance, I've seen a motherboard where they plugged in a USB device and upon doing so (done incorrectly with force), shorted out the northbridge of the board breaking the circuitry of the bridges on the board.

First, try updating your chipset drivers if you haven't done so already from:
http://www.sis.com/download/

If that doesn't work, you can try flashing the BIOS of your SiS board, and see if it fixes the problem. Remember, flashing your BIOS is not the safest thing to do and I take no responsibility if your board becomes a wall piece (broken).

I wasn't able to find information on flashing the BIOS on the SiS website, but I'm sure you can contact Support about the issue if need be.

All the same, good luck. ;)

I was able to flash my BIOS with no ill effects. Checked out the other help sites. Still no luck getting ports to work. Starting to look like a trip to the computer doctor is in order. Thanks for all the responses anyway.

Back
Top Bottom