Urgent problem

northwings

Baseband Member
Hello I have an elitegroup computer system motherboard with an athlon x86, I was in my bios and I changed the speed of something to 166/1000(?) mhz I don't really remeber, becuase I did it yesterday, and it worked fine, but now that I restarted, when I try to start up my monitor just shuts off, the system is running and the little light that says the harddrive is working is constantly list, I can't get my monitor on, so I can't change the settings, any help ?

mother board page http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7s5a_pro.html

Open up your computer (making sure the power is disconnected) and pull the battery out for awhile. This will reset your bios to the default settings. Your computer should now start up...

Either take out the BIOS battery and see if that works. If you were trying to overclocking something then you might have screwed up the total PC.

The battery is a near the leds at the bottom. Look near the PCI slots. You should see a flat shiny opject. Take it out. That is the BIOS battery.

Okay I left it off for awhile, but when i go to plug in my monitor it says "no connection" better than before but still no picture.

Is there a video card intergrated and you're trying to use an AGP slot?

If that's the case, plugyour monitor in the intergrated port and see if have something on the screen

There's no intergrated monitor slot on my mother board, just a thing that has a male slot, and monitors needs a female slot. looks like this |0|0|

Back
Top Bottom