Re: !!!Urgent PC Help Appreciated!!!
I was looking around the shops in town, for a PSU from either corsair, antec etc.. and they don't have it.
The point is that i came to this guys shop i know, and we shorted the black to the green and the power supply seems to work fine. We got rid of one of the SATA connectors that melted.
* For sake of clarity; the melted SATA plug used to feed the cd/dvd drive.
So, it seems to me that the SATA connection heat up ''somehow'' and caused a shortcircuit.(?)
By ''Somehow'' i mean :
- Spikes/alterations in current from the mains.(?)
- The PSU causing that by itself. (?)
- Or a faulty cd/dvd drive. (?)
What's responsible here ??
I have cd/dvd drive that seems to be fryied.
A power supply in which a faulty SATA connector was removed and seems to work ok.
What would you do?
- Still get another power supply ?
- Try out the one (iSTARUSA TC-500 PD1) and if it works stick with it ?