*URGENT!* Multiple problems

Softtissue

Baseband Member
Ok firstly, my computer is turning on and getting as far as the screen for setup. I need to press F2 to continue but it seems like none of the USB ports or PS/2 ports are working for any of my keyboards. The keyboards are working fine because I have tested them on my other computer. Here is where the issue is weird, so I've tried hitting F8 F2 all that stuff to get into ANYTHING but I can't; the REALLY weird thing is when I unplug and replug the keyboard back in occasionally it will go to the next screen for some reason. After this even poses yet ANOTHER problem. The file windows root/system 32/ntoskrnl.exe is corrupt or missing. I know how to replace this file but I can't get into the windows CD due to none of the keyboards working.

Thanks for your time and concern.

Ok so, if anyone has ANY reasonable response PLEASEEEEE HELPPPPPPPP. I have a project due tomorrow on my computer PLEASE HELP!

if its usb it might not work on boot but the ps/2 ported one should work, that must be a important file =\

I have tried the ps/2 ported one if you read my problem. The main thing is I can fix the rest of it if only I could get my keyboard to function. I've tried multiple keyboards and nothing is working!

Try resetting the CMOS. It's a long shot, but it could help. If you don't know how, refer to your motherboard's manual.

Listen if your project is due tomorrow, I would recommend opening up the computer, taking out the harddrive, setting it to slave in another computer and just finishing the project. Troubleshooting problems on here can take a few days.

Also as to actually fixing the problem; if your PSU is insufficent or starting to wane, (meaning lose its power from continued use and age), the first thing your computer will do usually is not deliver power to external ports like PS2 ports and USB ports. Usually you get a popup error in the bottom right hand corner of the screen but not always.

If you have a video card, try removing and setting the computer to use onboard video, and dettach any CD drives or anything else that consumes power. See if it works then to see if this is the problem.

Otherwise could be a mobo problem which would be real bad.

Back
Top Bottom