Urgent Help!! With OS/New Hardware

its a copy. juice mailed it to me when i bought his P4 off him. lemme try it again and i'll watch real close..lol and i'll check back
Disable the floppy drive first, there are three places to look (in my bios anyway) one is on the main page, one is in the HDD detection page and the other is in the boot order, the floppy on the main screen will be the one giving the floppy fail error message, disable it in all three places, or it could be a bad cable, bad plug etc, as blackjack says, check it is plugged in properly.

well that makes sense. cuz some of the pins were bent but im pretty sure i got them all in right. i'll double check (BTW if u guys cant help me, ima go to teh GEEK SQUAD! lol i already called them and they said 70$ dollars for installation of an OS, thats REDICULOUS. so i hope u guys can help)

and i'll try and find someone with an original CD.

Basically all my Windows CDs are copies and all but 1 are bootable, the unbootable one wasn't meant to boot for some reason or another. You don't need a "Genuine MS CD".

It sounds like you have done all I would basically try to do. Disable floppy drive, make CD drive first boot device, HDD second boot device, everything else disabled. Or you can just make the CD drive the only boot device, HDD not listed on there and then after you get it installed and ready to boot from the HDD, just change it.

yup i did that. and with the floppy. i'll gurantee its my CD. cuz it is a copy and from what i know (from u guys) not all copys with be bootable. i'll call geek squad and see if they can make me a deal with windows. thanks for the help u guys

Back
Top Bottom