Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-22-2006, 03:56 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default urgent firefox problem: had to restart and asked to switch between users...

Dear members:

I encounter a problem in firefox so i had to restart. after that, something happened when i clicked on the firefox icon to go online which never happened before because it asked me to choose between DEFAULT USER or just USER. so i didn't know which one to choose that has my most recent bookmarks and shortcuts etc. so randomly i choosed USER it was the wrong selection because it has bookmarks that was older then 3 months and few shortcuts. Therefore, I would like to know please how do you switch between the other user and what went wrong that i had to restart firefox and select between only two user options (which i never asked to do it) any information will be grateful thank you very much

tomcruise3230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to RiverS
Default Re: urgent firefox problem: had to restart and asked to switch between users...

go to tools, then internet options i am assuming that there will be some kind of option in there. Sorry thats all i can give you i don't use FireFox.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: urgent firefox problem: had to restart and asked to switch between users...

i am sorry but their is no option for that related to firefox. therefore any other suggest from anyone else?
tomcruise3230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296

I had that problem. I did a system restore then it did it again so i did another system restore and i havn't had any trouble since.
reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:14 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

Lol... so you're suggesting a system restore? Ok, from my experience, I just backed up the bookmarks and files, etc. and then reinstalled firefox. All worked out for me.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to reece296 Send a message via Yahoo to reece296

So did my way!
reece296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:22 AM   #7
gmt
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to gmt

put "about:config" in the address bar and scroll like havlfway down, it will have your username. right now it should be "USER" double click it and change the name to what your other name is.

if this doesn't work, get the extension that will let you restart friefox from the FILE dropbox.

if none of that works, CTRL+ALT+DELETE and end all firefox instances AND firefox processes. then open it again, and hope it asks you for your user name.

gmt is offline   Reply With Quote