Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Site Team
Default Upgrading the Slot 1's

Well, in 2007, I am supposed to get wo new PCs: A Pentium D 945 system and a Core 2 Quad Q6600 system. Now, with that in mind, I will have to drop slowly the support of 300MHZ CPUs. Well, we have used PC shops around and I know my PCs will do, maybe exept one...

Anyways, they are to be set to run the following:
Intel Pentium III 600MHZ to Pentium III 733MHZ. Now, all the intel 440BX will pass, but the one that might not is a 440LX, but I'm preety sure it will.
Next, the hard drives. These configs on them are so not appropriate. I will need to upgrade them all to 10GB at least. Memory...64MB = $5 128MB=10. I shall upgrade them to 256MB all of them, and maybe one of them will have 384. Next, is a Super socket 7 to remove the Intel Pentium MMX for a K6-2 500MHZ.
All of them will eventually have reasonable CD drives or CD burners. PSUs...all 235W or higher.

Anything else I should add? Oh for the OS...Windows XP Lite...the best Lite Edition I have.

Before I forget, vid cards are 8MB or higher, so I'd need one to replace a 4MB card.

All will be used for work and maybe I could sell them all for around...say $50 each.

thoughs, opinions?
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote