Upgrading Processor for Satellite A105-S2141

imhungry114

Beta member
I recently bought a Satellite A105 from Circuit City. I was leaning tawords the more powerful Compaq but this was considerably less. The processor is just too slow for my needs. When I play a game with a lot of textures in it it lags and just makes it impossible to play. It came with a Celeron M 410 processor. I need to upgrade to a new processor soon but I just cant figure out wich is compatible with it. Some one help me. Ive talked to the computer guy at work but I cant understand what he is talking about. I thought this would be easier but its not. Any input is appreciated.

Wait, it might not just be your processor, gaming is heavily relied on the gpu...Its not just one part, its all the parts pitching in togother...You cant have the best processor and have 32mb of ram, and expect something...

Ok well I forgot to mention that when I do this processor upgrade I am also planning on adding ram(another 512mb). And I have to ask what is a GPU? But I just want to know how to change a processor and wich one will fit? Do I have to stay with a Celeron or can I go to a different type of Intel?

So I can put this processor in it? Can you walk me through what needs to be done when changing a processor? Its still kind of blurry to me.

Im far to lazy, to looks at the fsb, and what your mobo supports...Let someone elese drop by, I never really come in this section, but ownage, or alvino, amish kid, there the pros, let them come around...Basically, you just open the laptop, pull the clip, take the the heatsink off, take the processor out, put the new on in, close the latch, apply thermal paste, then put the heatsink back on, clip it down, and thats abut it.

Back
Top Bottom