Upgrading old PC

cfsnipa319

Solid State Member
I have been using my Laptop for about two years now, with this it has been getting increasing worse and worse. I have decided to switch back to my desktop, as if I was on my laptop for more than fifteen minutes it would rush up to 100% CPU and lag like no other.

These are my specs for my Desktop right now. (the photo)

Now i would like to upgrade my processor, to something a little better. If i upgrade my processor i would then have to upgrade everything else. I am a gamer but not like WoW or any major new games. With this I do not really care how big it is, so my processor is fine for now. I plan to upgrade my graphics card, so i do not lag as much.

This is where i run into a problem, with such an old computer I am not sure what graphics card will work with my current Processor. If anyone could help that would be great, for a list of graphic cards i could get or a helpful site would be great!

Ok for us to help we need ... Computer make or home built, Motherboard make and number, PSU, CPU, GPU, Ram, Drives and Case model.

Computer make or home built - Acer
Motherboard make and number
PSU - AMD Anthlon(tm) x2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350
CPU - ACPI x64-based PC
GPU - (driver model?) WDDM 1.2 possibly DirectX 11

Ram - 2 Gigs and 1.75 usable.
Drives - Im guessing this is the BIOS? Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
and Case model. Aspire M1100

O sorry! the size of my harddrive is only 300 gigs, but i plan to buy a 1T when i upgraded, if needed so.

I would love to build my own computer, but really all that i know about computers is the basic (Ram and very little of processors [3.1GHz])

Computer make or home built - Acer
Motherboard make and number
PSU - AMD Anthlon(tm) x2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350
CPU - ACPI x64-based PC
GPU - (driver model?) WDDM 1.2 possibly DirectX 11

Ram - 2 Gigs and 1.75 usable.
Drives - Im guessing this is the BIOS? Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
and Case model. Aspire M1100

OK Acer

Drives as in Hard Drives and the OS ?

Back
Top Bottom