Upgrading my PCU & Mb - Advice please

gtuser

Beta member
Hi,
I have decided that I am going to upgarde my pc.
I currently have an AMD 3200+ barton cpu, asus a7n9x deluxe mb, 2GB of matched 512Mb sticks of Corsair pc3200 ram and an nvidia 5600 gpu.

I have decided that I want to keep my memory, and that I am going to get an nvidia FX6600GT based gpu.
With regards to the cpu I was thinking about a 64bit AMD 3700+ san diego core (only £13 more then a 3500+ venice). When it comes to motherboards I like to get one if the best ones available so that I can upgrade the cpu, graphics and ram without touching the mb. I have been looking around, I was thinking about the new Asus A8N32-SLi ( my last 3 mobo's have been Asus ones and I have not had a problem yet, 2 of them are still running in my dad's and sisters pc's), but this is not out yet, failing that then either the Asus A8N-SLi premium or MSI K8N Diamond. There are other boards around like the Abi falal1ty but I am not familiar with using these.

I have heard that the on-board sound is not that good o most motherboards, which is why the MSI one might be better as it has a creative chip on-board.
I want to upgrade my pc so that I can run multiple virtual pc's to help with my MCP studies.
I intend to sell of my current items to this should raise about £130, which will help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom