Upgrading my computer!

Gotta agree with ownage here, to many people ignore the importance of a good PSU. It just takes one spike etc and ya boards toast, also a good clean powersource makes the components last so much longer. Ive also noticed a lot less stability issues with good PSU's. I use seasonic in my systems and ive never had any problems yet.

You want a review of a cheap PSU?

Custom PC Website, look on the left menu and choose Labs. Then look near the bottom and choose PSUs. Look at the ones which got low scores.

For example, an Antec PSU is there, as is a OCZ one, which may suprise you. Rosewill isn't reviewed, but from what I've heard of it, it supposedly acts like the OCZ one.

I would recommend getting one of the higher scored PSUs, such as a Akasa AK-P460FG BLV2.

And what are the specs your planning on getting?

I just want a CPU, probably around 400-500watts, that works with core 2 duos, single video cards (dual is good oto), is cheap, and is quality.

I say you should look for a PSU which is 500W or so - no less is needed, or more.

Therefore, I would recommend a:

Hiper 580W Modular PSU

I know two or three people with Core 2 Duos who are running systems fine, as well as X1900XTs, with this PSU.

Back
Top Bottom