Upgrading my computer!

OK! So this is what I have for now:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 - 180
OCZ Value Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) - 120
XFX PVT73GUGD3 Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 - 140
Still debating the PSU and the MOBO. Suggestions?
Psu budget ~60
MOBO budget up to $140

dorfman said:
fyi, someone said this earlier about newegg, and reviews, however, something worth looking at..

Antec (a widely known company) has 4 eggs, and the lastest reviews on newegg, talk about a lot of the PSU's slipping in quality and blowing up..

Rosewell (not so widley known) has 5 eggs, and some of their psu's have over 70 reveiws and all are good.

In all honesty...this is common sense, and lesser known company is going to make a better product because they want to outsell the better known companies....Its bad buisness ethics, to sell a shaddy PSU when you are lesser known. Just something to consider...A bigger known company like Antec can and will get away with selling people shabby products because it is well know and people remain loyal to their company they buy from. That also is good buisness ethics. Selling a couple shabby products so you buy more from them. The consumers are the dumb ones (yes i am too) that remain loyal to the "bigger" brands and shell out the money for the name. Consumers may always be right, but mostly we are sheep.

Edit: Also, with a bigger company like Antec they are looking for ways to dumb down the quality of the product to cut expensives because they know everyone will buy them because of their name. Which is why i think they are their quality is slipping. Cut expensives + people buy because of the name= more money... so companies like Rosewell want to make a better quality to sell more, to become like antect... Its a cycle..

thats my rant...
I disagree with what you say. Take PCP&C for example, they are very widely known probably for their superb warrenty and customer service as well as their powersupplies. And Antec does not make their own powersupplies, probably none of the retail companies do, except for Seasonic and Zippy, other companies have OEMs that make the psus and the manufacturers just rebrand them.
Now, why are Rosewill 500+W psus so cheap compared to Zippy/PCP&C/Silverstone/Seasonic/and other good psu manufacturer? It is because there is a lack of quality in their psus. Sure Antecs are decent, but are they good? No. Rosewills are not good, let alone decent. They are not manufactured by a good OEM, i have no idea what their OEM is, but it doesnt look like any good one.

i still can't believe that people are saying that 70 bucks is too expensive for an item that ALL of your computer components depend on. And without the quality of some OEMs, you could say goodbye to your compenents right when you power on the computer. Or you buy a psu that has ripple that exceeds ATX specs (looks over at OCZ GameXstream and FSP Epsilions) and one day have an unexpected spike in voltage and takes out that expensive Core 2 Duo and X1950XTX. Will you want a powersupply that you will have to worry about every single time you turn on? or do you want to not have to worry about your parts suddenly dying?

Back
Top Bottom