Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Upgrading my computer

I need to upgrade my computer... The things I'm upgrading are motherboard, processor, video card and memory. I want a computer that can handle most games pretty well (don't need the best of all though).

My budget is about $600-650. Do you have any suggestions about what I could get with that?

Gilgond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to V3RT1G0 Send a message via MSN to V3RT1G0 Send a message via Yahoo to V3RT1G0
Default Re: Upgrading my computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgond
I need to upgrade my computer... The things I'm upgrading are motherboard, processor, video card and memory. I want a computer that can handle most games pretty well (don't need the best of all though).

My budget is about $600-650. Do you have any suggestions about what I could get with that?
with more than 600 bux you can get a good computer that is very compatible with games and theres basically no point in upgrading the processor along with everytin else but you can easily build your own for that price (it isnt that hard) and theres tuts out there on how to do, its basically clipping in a lot of things

Old 07-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Default Re: Upgrading my computer

Well, what I'm wondering is which video card to get and what socket type I should go for (939 or AM2). I've been thinking about the Geforce 7600GT. I've heard good things about it and it's not too expensive, so I'll probably go with that one if nobody says something else. About the socket I'm not sure... I know the DDR2 RAM that you can use with the AM2 is better, but the thing is that it is much more expensive too. So I'm not sure what to chose. I'll probably get 2 gb of RAM and that could take some money with the DDR2.
Gilgond is offline   Reply With Quote