Upgrading Motherboard. Rate My Choice?

Deagonx

Baseband Member
I'm looking into replacing my motherboard and CPU. I had money saved up to get a new CPU but my 2009 computer had an LGA 775 socket. =.=

Anyways, I was looking online for something that would do me good for a while.

It uses LGA 1366, here is the newegg link for it.

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer "Ultimate Gamer" choose 3Way SLI + PhysX at Real X16 X58 CEB Intel Motherboard Gamer

Now, assuming that is a pretty decent motherboard, can someone suggest a good processor within a budget of 200 dollars?

Regards, Deagonx

you can save your self a lot of money by going with LGA 1155, 1136 will be dead once the new relase of LGA2011 comes out early next year.

if you can afford it and, or really need a motherboard that expensive then i say why not, but if you dont really need it then i dont see why, personally i would go with
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD7-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard over the asus board, just because of how much copper is in it and its a true 24 phase power design and another selling point for it is it has the nf200 chipset onboard.
but if you want something even cheaper, with s 20 phase power design and no nf200 but it is the z68 chipset
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thank you!

EDIT: I also have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card.

Will my 500 WATT power supply be able to hold up all this?

What brand and spec is your power supply? I kind of agree here, 500 may be pushing it depending on what it is.

Back
Top Bottom