upgrading motherboard and gfx card on a dell e310?

V3RT1G0

Baseband Member
i have a dell e310 and im looking into upgrading some parts but the problem is idk if my dell is compatible because of heard that dell has no support or w/e with the gfx card drivers and also my current mother board doesnt support PCIe x16 sadly so ill also have to chnage that but this is what im gonna buy if its possible to use on my computer:

- Motherboard with PCIe x16
- nvidea 7600 GT (i think or maybe 6600) gfx card
- RAM possibly? 512 + 512 = 1024 mb
- Powerbox with more watts? (will i need this?)

and please tell if this is possible and will i need more or less parts... thx

I have heard that Dells have a special arrangement for screwholes in their motherboard panel, so in order to install a new motherboard, you would have to drill some holes. Also Dells use a special power supply so changing motherboards might especially be a bigger hassle. I kinda discourage upgrading your Dell because it is going to be a big hassle. You would be easier off getting a whole new rig, or maybe just a new case motherboard/CPU combo, and GFX card. That's just what I think though.

i would just buy a new setup, no point upgradin a dell like that, there is to much work

i agree...dells suck when it comes to upgrading, build yourself a system, youll be better off and it will probably cost the same

well the thing is i dont have a lot of money to use and the computer only cost me like 600 bux ... and my dad is willing to pay for the 7600 GT but will buying a new case along with the other things work?

Back
Top Bottom